I'd like to extend Mr. FunkyTurnip's challenge to the rest of the community for this coming week's challenge. As described in this post, the track has to be composed completely using just 2 specific samples ("1.21 gigawatts" and "great Scott!") from the movie, Back to the Future. You can use any apps you want, as long as they fit on your iOS device.
Here are the ground rules:
- Use any apps you want.
- You may only use samples from the video clips provided, i.e. any sounds appearing in your final track must have been derived from the provided samples. What you do with those samples is up to you. If you wish to take part in the challenge, but prefer not to use the provided samples, you may alternatively create your own samples by recording yourself saying "one point two one gigawatts" and/or "great Scott".
- If you're in, post a comment letting the world know and listing collaborators if applicable.
- Post your recording somewhere folks can hear it, preferably SoundCloud.
- Post in the comments when you're all done. Include a link to your track and a little info on how you managed to make a whole track with just those samples.
- The deadline is Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 11:59:59 pm wherever you are.
- This is a challenge, not a contest, so there are no winners. Or, maybe we'll all be winners and anyone who doesn't participate is a loser. If you want to participate, but have a valid reason not to, you can choose to be a runner-up, wanna-be, or could-have-been. If arbitrary titles for a silly challenge offend you, please consult your therapist. :)
So who's in?