The app for this week's creative challenge is Sound Cells by Big Robot Studios. Sound Cells is a physics / generative style app that is Audiobus-enabled, universal, and a steal at $0.99. Here are the ground rules:
- You have to use the Sound Cells app in a composition / recording. If you don't own it, you can buy it or collaborate with someone who does own the app.
- If you're in, post a comment letting the world know and listing collaborators if applicable.
- You can use other apps in your composition / recording. Since Sound Cells can control other apps via midi, the sounds in your recording don't have to come from the app.
- Post your recording somewhere folks can hear it, preferably SoundCloud. If you're unable to upload a recording for some reason, or you're just some kind of rebel, you can alternatively post a link to a midi file.
- Post in the comments when you're all done. Include a link to your track and a little info on how you used the app. If you discovered anything cool (or not so cool) about the app in the process, feel free to share that as well.
- The deadline is Friday, May 31, 2013 at midnight wherever you are.
- This is a challenge, not a contest, so there are no winners. Or, maybe we'll all be winners and anyone who doesn't participate is a loser. If you want to participate, but have a valid reason not to, you can choose to be a runner-up, wanna-be, or could-have-been. If arbitrary titles for a silly challenge offend you, please consult your therapist. :)
So who's in?